Friday, February 1, 2008

Your Mama Doubts She Did It Again

Your Mama knew something was fishy when all these stories started spinning about that poor Britney Spears gurl buying herself a new house in sleepy Hermosa Beach, CA. Yes, we heard through the gossip grapevine that Miz Spears had checked out a few properties in that neck of the woods. In October of 2007, there were even several reports that showed Miz Spears holding real estate marketing materials for a big house in Hermosa with a hefty asking price of $8,585,000.

But the beleaguered and erratic Miz Spears had recently toured a few high priced houses in Brentwood too, so cynical real estate gossip that we are, we figured that the unstable pop princess was simply peeping at property for publicity reasons. The oft bewigged bee-hawtcha seems to enjoy toying and trickin' the media and daily drives her Mercedes Benz around at all hours of the day and night for no damn reason, so why not look at a few high priced houses while the paps snap their money shots and let all the people think she's looking for a new house?

Then came a press release on PR-Inside.com about her driving a hard bargain and dumping $6,000,000 on a new crib in Hermosa Beach that was listed for $8,500,000. Then came the article in the National Enquirer (no link available) about Spears buying a house in Hermosa. The article included photos of a large house overlooking the Pacific Ocean that Your Mama determined sits on Tennyson Place in Hermosa's Hill Section, the very same house at which Miz Spears was photographed back in October 2007. Then came the deluge of folks contacting Your Mama like they thought we'd spoken to Miz Spears herself at the UCLA Medical Clinic where she's currently being held on a 72-hour 5150 hold.

This morning we woke to a bit of clarity with a communication from crack researcher B.S. Beaverman who linked the house on Tennyson Place to Dani Brubaker. And sho' enuf, the house belongs to professional photographer Dani Brubaker and her husband. Surely all the children who read the blogs, tabs and gossip glossies remember who Dani Brubaker is and the photo fracas that erupted over private pictures she snapped (sans signed confidentiality agreement) of Miz Spears and her fractured family in late 2007 that wound up in OK Magazine. The media lambasted Miz Brubaker for selling and profiting from the photos and she vehemently and publicly denied selling the pix. In mid January reports came out declaring that Miz Spears was planning on suing Miz Brubaker over the brouhaha, and then, Ta-Da! Later reports claimed it was Miz Spears herself who sold the photos to OK Magazine. She's certainly got some serious issues, but we are of the uninformed opinion that the gurl is also crazy like a fox children. Crazy like a fox.

Anyhoo, Your Mama can't with any real certainty say that the unpredictable Miz Spears did or did not buy a house in Hermosa Beach. However, we still find no evidence of a current sale in that price range and we find no evidence of a sale of the Brubaker house on Tennyson Place even though it does appear to have been taken off the market. We also think it would be very odd that the Brubaker's would accept $2,500,000 less than the asking price for their house from a young, rich and unstable celebrity who has no doubt propelled them into a harsh limelight and caused them considerable grief.

So, we don't completely solve the mystery of the alleged home purchase in Hermosa Beach, but perhaps we get one step closer?

Now then, let's all take a moment to wish Miz Spears well. While we gossip and giggle about her supposed and mysterious real estate transactions, she and her family suffer in very real and very painful ways. The Spears family bleeds just like everyone else, and Your Mama genuinely aches for her and her family. We may not much care for Miz Spears music, and we may in fact participate in the schadenfruede of the whole mess, but in truth, Your Mama would much rather see Miz Spears well and raising them kids of hers than watch her mind all too publicly run off its rails.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I highly doubt she did it again.
I feel the same as mama. I can't imagine what that whole family is going through and what a tough time it must be for all of them. I too, was all giddy about her crazy ways, but now just plain sad over it. I believe she is a very sick woman and hopefully she will accept help and get back on track.

Anonymous said...

I never believed her to be particularly talented; but since she has such a wide fan base, I'll just keep my mouth shut on that.

She's strikes me as a sad, confused, lonely creature, a modern day Judy Garland type, looking to ease the pain anyway she can.

All it takes is just one person who truly loves her for herself to help save her, and her children.

Alessandra said...

I'll second that, LGB. Sadly, I don't think Ms. Spears has the emotional resources or the intelligence to live life without a minder. Also, her problems extend beyond post-partum depression, though I would guess that she does suffer from that. It is in her best interests to have some one taking care of her. Until she's had extensive therapy and gotten herself healthy and then is capable of making intelligent choices, I don't think she should be allowed to take care of herself or her children.

Sad to say that K-Fed is the responsible one in all this. But then again, lucky for the kids that he is. They aren't going to become little Bobbi Christinas.

Anonymous said...

7:32, alessandra & little buddy,

Amen

Anonymous said...

2805 Tennyson Place is also listed as the residence of James Joblon and the company address of Health Well Life.

http://www.scma.com/news/oct2004.pdf

Anonymous said...

That's part of the husband's business enterprise.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was (still am, really) disgusted by her vulgarity and all the shenanigans that went on around her. And I have never liked her music, she just sang through her nose and danced around. My daughter loved her as a teen and I just hated being forced to listen to her.

Having said all that, I truly see her as a victim of alot of users, starting with her parents. I really feel bad for her and pray that she will get the help she needs. Watching someone have a meltdown publicly for months is hard. At first I thought she was just a trashy tart, but now I think she is way out there. I feel really bad for her.

I just felt like expressing how I feel and wanted to do it here with my Mama's family.

Sorry to be so off topic guys, but that's how I'm rolling today.

Anonymous said...

sunny in sj,

I'll sign below instead of above to stay a little under the radar. But, I get what you're saying. Read a thing today where temp guardianship my come into play. That new creep she's dating is bad news with capital opportunistic "B". If she can level out thru this current hospital stay and regain perspective, there's still hope.

Sandpiper

Anonymous said...

Amen Mama. I've never been a big fan of Ms. Spears, but I do wish her well. Hopefully she'll get the help that she so desperately needs, and will come out a stronger woman.

Anonymous said...

Amen Mama. I've never been a big fan of Ms. Spears, but I do wish her well. Hopefully she'll get the help that she so desperately needs, and will come out a stronger woman.

Anonymous said...

Britney Spears and Estate Under Conservatorship

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/13457.html

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Sunny. It is ok. I felt the same way as you. I thought (at her expense) why are you doing all of this stupid shit? I was assuming she did all of these things because she was a spoiled brat, etc. Getting her way from very early on, married to soon. and so forth. It was easy for me to think of what had to be done. Then watching the reports on TV all of a sudden I realized it wasn't that. My heart sank. I wouldn't wish this for any family. Someone once told me, "don't judge, you will never walk in anyone else's shoes". I heard that 15 years ago and I will never forget it.
My only hope is that she gets what she needs and that a certain "state" will come to her.
It is easy for us to think "if it were me". It is not. Be gentle.

Anonymous said...

Sandpiper, be proud and out loud - don't post under an Anon and then sign your name later; shout it out loud, girl!

The haters will find us no matter what we call ourselves; let's be sporting about it and try not to overload their small-mindedness; after all, it takes them all afternoon to come up with "you're all wannabe Mamas" - imagine what happens to their tiny brains once they have to use www.dictionary.com to look up bon mots.

Blood everywhere . . .

Anonymous said...

With all due respect to everyone feeling badly for Ms. Spears, a good part of her mental problems were exacerbated by her use of crystal meth. A friend was at that famous photo shoot with her dog and the Channel dresses and pizza and all and told me she was completely gone. A close relative has also fallen victim to meth so I can speak logically and with legitimate reference when I tell you that much of her bahavior in the last month is EXACTLY what people do in the throes of that drug. Also, meth crystalizes (sorry for the pun) already-inherited mental issues, which is what you're seeing now. I don't feel sorry for her family at all; they did nothing to stop the fellow enablers that support the bonehead's decisions. What they did in court yesterday they could have done months ago if they really cared. Now they care. Wonderful. It's still, bottom line, their fault for allowing her to develop the way she did. Oh, and I love this house.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention; during the photo shoot, likely due to meth, she believed the house was full of crows and ran out, which is why the shoot was stopped. I was also told she spent a good bit of time in the bathroom; not as the rags said, doing drugs, but sitting naked for everyone to see, refusing to close the doors and, how to say this delicately, pleasuring herself. She needs to be exactly where she is and will need a support system for the rest of her life when she gets out. If she doesn't - and her bonehead family has shown no ability to step up thus far - it's over. She will not survive. Meth kills.

Anonymous said...

Still, E.J., all in all, it's sad.

I wouldn't wish her troubles on my worst friend.

;-)

Anonymous said...

I love this place.....