Friday, September 21, 2007

UPDATE: Brad Garrett

SELLER: Brad Garrett
LOCATION: Jim Bridger Road, Hidden Hills, CA
PRICE: $8,790,000
SIZE: 10,223 square feet, 6 bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms
DESCRIPTION: Rare opportunity to acquire a magnificent celebrity owned estate within the prestigious guard gated community of Hidden Hills. Built in 2004, the French Country manor boasts 10,000 plus sq. ft. on over an acre of lushly landscaped grounds. Grmt kit w 2 islands, walk-in pantry & butler's kit. Master suite w/f/p & sumptuous bath w/ steam shower. Amazing screening rm w/ 120" screen. Sparkling pool, spa fruit treet & Zen garden w/ waterfall. 6 car garage. No expense spared on this corner lot w/ views.

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: Looks like big Brad Garrett is getting very serious about selling his gigantic Hidden Hills house. Your Mama first discussed this property back in April when it had and asking price of $9,250,000. The price was recently chopped by $460,0000 to a still very expensive $8,790,000.

The lumbering and deep voiced actor and his wifey purchased the bare property in February of of 2004 for $6,384,000 and proceeded to custom build this behemoth residence at what must have been considerable cost. Which means that after the price chop, the real estate fees, and the closing costs, there may not be much in the way of profit.

We'd feel bad about the slim profit margin on this house, but we assume Mister Garrett has a piece of the Everybody Loves Raymond residual pie which would give him a hefty income for many years to come.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the house looks great. I will admit to watching his new show and liking it. (I know) I'll bet every countertop and sinktop are an extra 3-4 inches all through out this house.

. said...

My,oh,my....these are very pretty pictures. This is an example of wrought iron done right. The rooms are 2 notches too large for comfortable living. That's a long schlep across that foyer or even across the kitchen. And in my opinion, any house this large and this expensive should have an elevator or two discreetly tucked behind a closet door.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh...this house makes me happy:)

Anonymous said...

I hate these type houses. Ritzy white marble entrance with grand piano, cold and boring rooms. The grounds are lovely, but there is no soul in the place.

Anonymous said...

Me digs that kitchen. Islands suitable for dancing on.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice. The foyer/entrance is so grand and I love that iron work on the staircase, but too much for me to live in daily!

I am loving that tree that arches over the patio! Anyone know what type of tree that is??

Anonymous said...

I was pleasantly surprised by this house! Agree that the front foyer is a little much, but the rest of the house is quite nice. I also like the fact that it appears to be one story, so it is not as overwhelming as a property as it could be. And nice landscaping!

Am guessing that this is being sold as part of his very quiet divorce.

Anonymous said...

Generic.

Anonymous said...

I mean, do you guys really like this house? Brad Garrett is great and all, but this house is really predictable and underwhelming. And for $9M I could live in Bel Air. Even if it is titty bitty.

Anonymous said...

$6,384,000 seems like a lot for property waaay out there. How big is the lot?

. said...

layler, I noticed this nice tree too. On an earlier post I asked about a nice tree that had sculptural qualities and learned that it was a coral tree. They are easily pruned to the desired form. I'm not from California so I'm only guessing this also might be a coral tree. It makes that stairway a work of art.

Anonymous said...

i think that tree is a live oak, looks like it anyway.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I grew up on that street. That area where Brad biult his dream house usedto be a Manure dump for all of the local Horse owners. us kids used to call that area "The Piles" back inthe 70's and 80's. Everyone in hidden hills hates that part of Hidden hills because its not horse property. Hidden Hills is really meant for horse people and those houses are so big they dont have room on the lots for horses. The hose nearby is 17,000 sqft and its for sale too.

andrew727 said...

Actually a very nice house which I imagine reflects Brad's personality. I guess even he is affected by the economy and forced to downsize. Hey, better to spend three or four million on a nice home and sock away the rest for your old age. Sadly something many stars learn the hard way.
-Andrew, MALL727.net-