Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Nicole Kidman Real Estate News

BUYER: Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban
LOCATION: Sutton Forest, Southern Highlands, Australia
PRICE: reportedly around $6,500,000
SIZE: 110 acre, 5 bedrooms, 6+ bathrooms

YOUR MAMAS NOTES: With the purchase of their new four and some million dollar nest in the Beverly Hills Post Office, Australian a-listers and new parents Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban not only have the stateside scuttlebutts yakking, turns out they're also keeping the real estate gossips Down Under bizzy too.

Over the last two days we've received many missives from a number of luvlee kangaroos in Australia who sent whispered words of the couple's reported purchased of a 110 acre property called Bunya Hill that occupies a private hilltop in Sutton Forest, a sleepy and swank enclave in the Southern Highlands. Your Mama has not had the pleasure of scooting around the outskirts of Sydney but we understand from a gal named Haras that Sutton Forest is only about 1.5 hours from Sydney.

Listing information and recent reports reveal that the gigantic Georgian colonial estate was built in 1878 and includes wide shaded verandas, a carved cedar stair case, pressed-metal ceilings, intricate wrought iron balustrades, period light fixtures and 10 fireplaces, enough to require a full time ash man in the winter months.

There are five bedroom suites each with their own dressing room and bath including a master with Australian cedar lined closets and and Italian marble bathroom with a claw footed tub overlooking the garden and private lake. Other rooms include formal sitting and dining room, a billiards room and den, a 2,000 bottle wine cellar, a mud porch with full bathroom and a large kitchen with Brazilian granite counter tops and an Aga range (natch) opening to an informal dining area, conservatory and family room, all according to listing information we received from a awesome Aussie.

The sprawling property includes 100 year old Bunya Bunya pines, established gardens where Mrs. Urban can work out her newly discovered green thumb, cattle yards, a large hay/machinery shed, 4 car garage and workshop, and a separate cottage which listing information indicates is in need of renovation.

From the looks of things, the interior day-core of the sellers a wee bit frilly for Your Mama's delicate decorating sensibilities, however this is very clearly a spectacularly rehabbed property that should provide an excellent getaway for the couple who nowadays both seem quite keen to life in the country.

24 comments:

StPaulSnowman said...

Much more homey than the post office!

Anonymous said...

I grew up near there and it is a beautiful, private area and that house looks amazing!!!! She'd be able to there by helicopter!

Anonymous said...

Nicole is turning into quite the property baroness :) Spectacular choice, and a huge improvement over the landless, crowded, double duplex she shared with Mr. Crooze in Sydney.

so_chic_darling said...

I LOVE Australian Victorian architecture.

lil' gay boy said...

It is indeed a spectacular piece of restrained Victoriana; absolutely charming, and a refreshing contrast to their oh-so-sterile BHPO digs.

All they need is a good gay decorator from down under to strip off the frills, take advantage of those beautiful verandas, and perhaps a nice gay landscaper to update the grounds near the house. Then the Urbans are good to go.

She was lucky to extricate herself from that "marriage" to Creepy Crooz; have you seen Katie Stepford, umm, I mean Crooz, lately?

Chilling.

Anonymous said...

I offered them $500,000 and they hung up on me!
Fools they'll be begging me to buy it for that in 2 months!

Anonymous said...

LGB, re: the Mrs. Crooz's. I have no doubt that Mr. Crooz had everything to do with that breakup, and think Nicole proved herself to be a class act, both in terms of how she conducted herself throughout the ordeal, and in the manner she supported and stuck by Keith Urban during his recent rehab. IMO, Katie is just another byproduct of Crooz's nosedive since he split from Nicole. A few have described Nicole as 'bland' and I heartily disagree, although I don't care for her new puffy lips any more than I do Cher's. You want bland, Katie is IT.

Anonymous said...

We don't have any gayz in Australia except for some Greeks who moved here. What's wrong with hetero decorators. You are so prejudiced at your counttry.

Anonymous said...

lol aussiestraightguy, you silly rabbit.

Anonymous said...

the new average joe = broke, despondent agent who we all need to still trust

Anonymous said...

Hi Mama --

Maybe I missed a post back when (few months ago) Nic Cage bought the LaLaurie house in New Orleans but it seems like the perfect subject for you, and what I wouldn't give to see some interior shots! Pretty please with sugar on it?

xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

And you post anononymously because you don't want attention-right!?

Anonymous said...

Average Joe,

I've been observing your posts -- and those where you use another identity or anon -- for a very long time.

I sense that you have both good and bad days, and probably more difficult days than nice ones. I also get the impression that you would very much like to fit in here but don't really know how, so you have accepted negative attention, versus none at all.

I have no answers. You may even come back at me in a confrontational way, although I hope you don't.

If you have a healthcare provider that you trust, prehaps it may help them to help you, if you share some of your comments posted on this blog.

The more you can open up to them, the more they can try to help you to feel better about yourself. You deserve that.

Take care.

lil' gay boy said...

Anon 8:41,

Despite the lips, I too have a high opinion of Ms Kidman, although I don't care too much for her taste in men, for obvious reasons.

I consider her lucky in that she managed to exit that marriage with dignity and a minimum of upset to those affected, especially considering the invasiveness of her ex-husband's "religion."

Anonymous said...

2260 Sunset Plaza has been reduced from 9.9m to 9m. It is slowly getting close to my offer of 5.5m. When I get it I will invite you all for a swingers party.

Anonymous said...

Little Buddy, I recall reading something about Cruise doubling her settlement in exchange for a greater share of child custody. If true, that perplexes me. Regardless, that's one spooky dude she was married to.

Alessandra said...

I don't know, if it is true, how I feel about that, Sandpiper. It's easy to say, as a mother, that I'd never let my soon-to-be ex get more custody in exchange for a larger monetary settlement. However, I can only imagine the psychological trauma she was undergoing at the time. She may have decided that she needed to free herself and that the kids would be adults in a few years and she could re-establish a relationship with them at that time.

Oh, and the house...quite lovely!

Anonymous said...

Alessandra, agreed. The trauma must have been unbearable, based on who she was dealing with. Not normally into the personalities (literally) tied to Mama's reports, but this time...

Love the house, too. It has a definate islands plantation vibe...to the nines. Wow.

Fifi Flowers said...

You do some kind of RE stalking... these houses are GRAND!
I believe I read one blogger asking about Josh Groban's home... any news that it might come up for sale?

Anonymous said...

fififlowers, where is Josh Groban's home?

LGB, I hear you, although I'm kind of in Keith Urban's corner lately. He appears to have seriously committed to sobriety in favor carving out a new life as husband and father - I have to respect that. Likewise, it's hard to imagine him, high or sober, jumping on Oprah's couch, telling off Matt Lauer, dissing Brooke Shields, or dumping Nicole for a younger model eventually, and something tells me Scientology is out of the question too. My heart goes out to people who weather tough times without giving up or becoming bitter. I'm rooting for these two.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm swooning. SWOONING, I tell you! Someone pass the smelling salts!

Mike Cook said...

I'm with you, virginny girl. This place makes me green with envy.

Have liked Nicole Kidman ever since I saw 'Dead Calm.'

lil' gay boy said...

Dead Calm; I just loved the way she pronounced "pasta."

Anonymous said...

This house is not for me, but I do hope it is in the countryside. Still, a lot of light pollution going on. I guess she needs a big spread for the wee bairn and her stock of Botox and Restylan. Miaow.